Thursday, July 1, 2010

The power of words

Growing up we often used the phrase 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me'.
Boy, is that untrue!
Words can be incredibly hurtful and I am sure we all have stories to tell which prove this to be true.
James was very careful to warn us to guard our tongues due to its ability to cause deep harm.
There is great power in our words.
It is a good thing then that this power can be used very positively.

Today I experienced this power in the most positive way possible - I experienced words that strengthened and emboldened me. That built up and encouraged. Both from the notes I have received and the words spoken over me as I step into this new role.
I have been blessed beyond words by the spoken and written words of my friends and co-workers. Thank you to all who used the power of words to bless me.

May I be someone who maximizes the power of words to empower and encourage others in their journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment