Friday, July 9, 2010

Walk Slowly

Some people have made fun of how fast I walk around the office. Those who have offices near the stair wells hear me take the steps 3 at a time and always know when I am coming. My mum would say I sounded like an elephant coming down stairs. I do not know why I do it. Maybe it is because my dad did it.

Recently I have been reminded of the importance of walking slowly. Not literally but figuratively. This week I have had a number of conversations with people on our team who are going through some very trying times within their family. They needed a listening ear and to be held up in prayer. I can only imagine that there are many others who have similar struggles that need the same type of support. I realized that so often I do not take the time or am too busy to notice, stop and ask.

Walking slowly through the crowd will help us to notice who these people might be and then help us pause and ask the caring questions and lend the listening ear.
I hope we can all grow as a team in this area - bearing one another's burdens.

1 comment:

  1. You are right about going through tough times with family. It seems to be a never ending challenge! Thanks for slowing down.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete